Mount Tabor the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ
Mount Tabor rising about 500 meters above Jezreel Valley at the northern part of the Holyland of Israel at the Lower Galilee. Mt Tabor = In Hebrew “Har Tavor” = הר תָּבוֹר Mount Tabor Church believed to be the traditional place of Jesus Christ Transfiguration in front Peter, James and John the brother of James and so it gained it name the Mount of Transfiguration.
The story of Jesus Christ Transfiguration in Mount Tabor ignites great passion and desire in the hearts and minds of worldwide Christians, Pilgrims and crusaders visiting the Holy land, there are many pictures, songs, art and symbols expressing and presenting the transfiguration of Jesus at Mt Tabor.
Mt Tabor offers perfect view and in a clear day its possible to view big parts of the Galilee, the Sea of the Galilee, Jezreel Valley, Nazareth, Cana and other Christian sites, villages and sacred places. Scroll down to see Mount Tabor and the Galilee map.
Click Here to visit The Christian Holy Land online souvenir shop.
Mount Tabor Jesus Transfiguration – in Bible and Gospel:
Mount Tabor appears several times in the Holy Bible:
- Deborah sent Barak to battle with Sisera in the book of Judges 4:6-7, Mount Tabor have a critical strategic position even in ancient times.
- You created the north and the south Tabor and Hermon sing for joy at your name. (Psalm 89:12)
- “One will come who is like Tabor among the mountains, like Carmel by the sea. (Jeremiah 46:18)
In the Holy Gospels Mt Tabor appears in the Transfiguration of Jesus. Jesus Christ followed by his disciples (Peter, John and James) went up the high mountain and transformed in front of them, Jesus face was shining as the sun and his clothes became bright as the light, then the disciples sa
w Jesus speaking with Moses, Elijah.
Peter said to Jesus, “
Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters-one for
Jesus Christ then told the terrified disciples “Get up don’t be afraid.” you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.” (Matthew 17:4) Then a bright cloud surrounded them, and a voice said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
When they all went down the mountain Jesus asked them “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” (Matthew 17:1-9)
Mount Tabor attractions and what to see:
- Mount Tabor offers fantastic breathtaking view of Jezreel Valley and the Galilee.
- The Church of Transfiguration is located at Mount Tabor peak, the Church was built upon ruins of ancient Byzantine church.
- The Eastern Orthodox monastery with its Two Bell towers stand on each entrance, located in the northern side of the Transfiguration Church.
Mount Tabor, Holy Land Jezreel Valley Map:
This Map reveals big parts of the Galilee, the Sea of the Galilee, Jezreel Valley, Nazareth, Cana and other Christian sites, villages and sacred places which have been major part of Jesus Christ life and still are in today’s worldwide Christians, pilgrims and Crusaders.
Visit Christian Holy Land online Gift and souvenirs shop.